Eateries for L.A.'s punk rockers had three main requirements:
- 1) It had to be in an accessible location, close to the clubs and with a good atmosphere.
- 2) It should be open long hours (24/7 if possible), offer fast service and be staffed by employees of the I’ve see it all school.
- 3) And - most importantly - it must provide inexpensive, substantial food that taste good, and doesn’t make you sick.
The favorite cheap eateries in the late 1970's included:
- Danny’s ‘Oki Dogs’ on Santa Monica Blvd.
- El Coyote on Beverly Blvd.
- Dukes Coffee Shop at the Tropicana on Santa Monica Blvd.
- Canter's Deli on Fairfax Av.
- Denny's on Sunset Blvd.