February of 1984, the girls were back in Los Angeles. Things were starting to look up. They were just back from recording their 3rd LP. All were looking forward to it's release next month and to hitting the road on a spring tour.
All had high hopes 1984 would turn out better than 1983.
1983 was a tough year. It brought a lots of tension to the band.
1983 and the Post Vacation Blues
- Vacation LP - disappointing sales
- Critics being critical
- Charlotte's wrist ailments
- Charlotte's writing block
- Boy friend problems
- Belinda new interest in movie projects (Swing Shift)
- Lack of income
- Endless meetings with prospective managers
- Endless search for a fresh new producer
- Loss of momentum
- Loss of confidence
- Band Identity Crisis
- The whole Airhead - Dizzy- Broad image thing to shake
The Go-Go's were able to spend some time with family and friends and their homes.
- Marina del Rey
- Studio City
- West Hollywood
- Los Feliz
The following photos by me me me.....
Belinda had a condo in Marina del Rey
Jane lived in Malibu